Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday, October 19, 2008 (Alyssa)

I took off my ring this morning when we were making doughnuts and forgot to put it back on afterward. When we were on our way to church, I said, "Oh, no! I forgot to put my ring back on!" Alyssa asked me why I wear the ring all the time. I told her that it was my wedding ring, that Daddy gave it to me when we got married, and that when I wear it, it means that I'm married to Daddy.

Alyssa: But what if, when we're at church, when you're beautiful, someone sees you and thinks, "Look at that lady with those three kids. She's not married. I think I'm going to marry her."

Carrie: Well, I think everyone at church knows I'm married to Daddy. Besides, usually you date someone for a while before you get married. And if anyone asked me on a date I would tell them that I'm already married and that I love Daddy.

Alyssa: But what if they still think, "Oooh, I want to marry her. She looks very nice, and she's being nice to those kids. I think I'll marry her?"

Carrie: I think everything going to be fine, honey.

She actually asked a couple more times, worried that someone would want to marry me. I think it's cute to see her concept of dating and marriage, and that she just didn't get that it was going to be okay.

No comments: