Saturday, January 17, 2009

January 16, 2009 (Alyssa)

Alyssa: Mom, I need to take a baby doll and a pillow to school today.

Carrie: No you don't.

Alyssa: Yes I do.

Carrie: No you don't.

Alyssa: Yes I do! I need to take a baby doll and a pillow to school!

Carrie: If you were supposed to take those to school, honey, your teacher would have sent a note home with you.

Alyssa: She did! She did, Mom! Today is career day!

Carrie: Oh yeah, she did. (pause) So why do you need to take a baby doll and a pillow?

Alyssa: I want to be a mom. I'm going to carry around the doll for my baby, and I'm going to stuff the pillow up my shirt so I look pregnant.

Carrie: (even bigger pause) I don't think you should go to kindergarten pregnant.

Alyssa always says that when she grows up she wants to be a mom and a crossing guard, so she went ahead and dressed up as a crossing guard, since a lot of them are moms, too.